Monday, May 21, 2012

I just love this. I need to get my mind in this place


I always sign off from my blog post with "be kind to yourself". But it seems like maybe I need to be encouraging people to be "be kind to others" as well!


The other day a man at the gym cussed out my husband for taking "too long" on a machine. 


A girl at the gym came up to me with tears in her eyes because some of the other women in the zumba class we took made fun of the way she was dancing. 


You know what? The thing that makes you the most beautiful is a smile. When someone makes eye contact with you, really how hard is it to smile? Don't just look away! Your smile could be just the thing that makes that person's heart feel better. It could be the encouragement someone needs. And it's one size fits all! No matter how physically fit you are, a smile should be the first thing you put on in the morning! 


And if someone is mean to you, cusses you out 'cause you took too long on a machine, or makes fun of the way you dance, well... something I am teaching my 5 year old is that if someone is mean, they are probably hurting. They are punishing YOU for how bad they feel about themselves. Confident, lovely, happy people don't go off on others, do they? So just walk away from those people. Say a little prayer for them. Put a smile on! 
Happiness

I kinda live like this I hope.
You will never, ever regret being kind. To yourself, or others! 



No comments:

Post a Comment